Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) involves responding in a supportive and caring way to yourself during times of challenges.
What We Will Learn In This 4-day intensive Course :
• Developing self-kindness, the foundational coping skill during challenges
• Building resilience during emotional ups & downs
• Healing scars from your judgements, self-doubts, psychological trauma in the past & shame
• Discovering new meanings for life
• Improving the quality of your relationships: Family, Friends, Colleagues & Others through understanding yourself and your needs
This is a course organized by Authentic Live & Learn (ALL) collaborating with Global Engagement Institute (GEI) and Center for Mindful Self-Compassion (CMSC) – world’s leading Center for Researching, Teaching & Practicing Self-Compassion, located in University California San Diego, USA.
Note: The course is for people over 20 years old.
+ Time: Mar 04 – 07/2019 (4 full days).
+ 8h30 – 17h30, 04/03/2019
+ 9h00 – 17h30, 05 – 07/03/2019
Location: Binh An Village_1163 Binh Quoi Street, Binh Thanh Dist, HCMC
Language: English (no translation)
Register at: http://bit.ly/2CaCKbP
*Fee: We are very fortunate to have great support from our international partners. The two trainers don’t accept honorarium and international participants that will fly in from abroad will help cover part of local payment. This allows MSC courses to happen in places where costs would have been a great barrier to participation. Therefore, fees are as below:
– For Vietnamese participants, 5.000.000 VND (before 15th of Feb) and 5.500.000 (after 15th of Feb). This fee has already waived tuition and only covers costs for venue, food, course materials, communication and organization.
– 3 scholarships are available for Vietnamese participants, each $200. To apply for scholarships, please indicate why motivation for learning MSC and your financial situation. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for MSC scholarship – Your name).
– For international participants, ALL will transfer your information to GEI – Global Engagement Institute to facilitate the payment process.
– Thông tin chuyển khoản/ Banking information
o Số tài khoản/ Account no : 105880828
o Số thẻ: 9704321138400775
o Tên chủ tài khoản: NGUYEN TRAN KIEU VAN
o Tên ngân hàng: NH Viet Nam Thinh Vuong (VPBank) Chi nhánh: TP.HCM
Khi chuyển khoản vui lòng ghi thông tin: <Tên họ học viên> <MSC> <Số điện thoại>
Steve Hickman. Steven Hickman, Psy.D., is the Executive Director of CMSC and the co-developer of the MSC Teacher Training program. Steve has been teaching mindfulness, in the form of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, for nearly 20 years and is the Founding Director of the University of California at San Diego Center for
Mindfulness. Steve is a world authority on training teachers of mindfulness and compassion and joined CMSC as the Director of Professional Training in 2014. Steve has taught MSC courses across the US and around the world and has trained hundreds
of MSC teachers in the US, UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Korea and Australia. When asked what motivates him to do this work, he replied: “There is no deeper honor than to be witness to a person discovering their own inner compassionate voice and their deep
capacity for being kind to themselves, often after decades of self-criticism, self-hatred, and debilitating shame.”
Cassondra Graff, M.S., LCSW is a Certified, Senior teacher of MSC and MBSR at the University of California at San Diego Center for Mindfulness. She is also the Director of the Speakers Bureau and teaches MBSR for a long-range National Institutes of Health (NIH)
research study evaluating the potential benefits of mindfulness in the senior aging process. Cassondra works closely with the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, CMSC. With over 22 years of experience as a mental health practitioner, Cassondra had a private practice and also mentored therapists for the California state licensing exam. Her work transformed over the years, becoming mindfulness and compassion based. When asked why she does this work, she replied “I cannot, not do this work. It is tied to the way I live, truths I cannot deny. It is a joy to witness us humans discover our own strengths and capacities, and in this, become more alive and thrive. MSC offers skills and wisdom needed to effect real growth,